Monday, June 4, 2012



If you are reading this blog, you will soon come to realize that the title speaks for itself.  I am new at this blogging business, but everyday I read the comics and find at least one that applies to our family's life in some weird way.  You will soon discover which ones are my favorites.  So, last summer I drove our little green tracker to St. George and as usual mid-July temperatures were well into the 100's.  Sadly enough I blew out the air conditioner, or at least a little aluminum tube that to the naked eye might have seemed insignificant.  Whatever, I am learning that even the tiniest part in a car cost far beyond its true value but people would pay big bucks as the conditions change and the need becomes greater.  Anyway, back to my story and how this relates to my life.  Another year without an air conditioner has created a greater need for this part in our little tracker's existence as temperatures begin to rise well into the 90's here in town.  I have realized that I can handle a lot of different temperatures but heat is not necessarily one of them.  I told Bruce that I have either got to lose some of my skin flaps or at least stop dressing in layers in some way because it is like a sauna riding in that little car, even with the windows rolled down, the top fully open and the heated vent air blowing in your face.  It is amazing how I never thought of skin being an extra layer of warmth until the temperatures began to rise.  Pickles tells it like it is, yet again!     
And this would be our little 1995 Geo Tracker.  Isn't it beautiful?

1 comment:

  1. haha sometimes I wish I could take off my skin too. Especially when it's 1000000000 degrees in my house... Your blog is cute!

    ReplyDelete