Wednesday, June 6, 2012


One day Bruce and I were on our way back to work after eating lunch.  I was driving and I am famous for never using my signals.  This drives Bruce crazy and he reminds me to turn on my signal each time I come to a stop sign or intersection and he knows that I plan to turn.  Well, as usual, I was coming toward an intersection and I did not turn on my signal, but I recognized the lady sitting at the stop sign waiting for me to pass.  So, being the kind and neighborly soul that I am, I waved at the lady.  To which she hollers out her window in a very angry tone while shaking her fist, "USE YOUR SIGNAL!"  These words have become quite the comic relief each and every time we approach a turn, no matter which of us is driving.  We just burst into laughter remembering the day (insert the lady's name here) was so very annoyed that a fellow driver on the road chose not to let her in on their plans to make a turn.  Thanks pickles for once again representing my thoughts exactly. 

Tip for the day:  Never be rude to other drivers, it may come back to haunt you later.  Especially if they know who you are and your eyesight seems to have failed you for a moment while you are filled with anger that they haven't driven the way you wanted them to.  (That includes using turn signals at the appropriate times.)

1 comment: